There are 3 public meditation events that are part of the Global Day of Action on 11th March, each gathering at around 10.30 am for an 11 am start.
- Outside Scott Morrison’s office (30 the Kingsway, Cronulla)
- Opposite NSW Parliament in Macquarie St.
- Outside Newtown Station.
- All locations are near public transport (10 minute walk at Cronulla)
- Bring a cushion/milk crate/stool to sit on; water; a sun hat and sunscreen; a sign identifying your sangha/group/temple or with your climate message; a bell, gong or other means of sounding the alarm.
- Keep up to date with Covid restrictions (currently 500 people allowed, one person per 2sq m). A Covid safe plan will be in force.
Sacred People Sacred Earth is the biggest-ever faith-climate justice day of action globally in support of the boldest-ever set of demands from diverse religious partners. Hundreds of local events are being held on 11th March, at 11 am in varying time zones – this is the eleventh hour for action to address the worsening climate emergency.
As a global, multi-faith, grassroots alliance, we stand for equity and compassion for all, and we deplore injustice. We know that we cannot afford to wait for governments and financial institutions to act first; we understand that change starts with us. We are organizing grassroots people of diverse religions in support of a set of demands for climate justice, and we are leading by example.
Here is the statement and bold demands that grassroots faith communities around the world have developed, and we’re providing opportunities for people of diverse faiths and spiritualities everywhere to get involved.